- 3 days tour
- Visit to the village of Higashi-Shirakawa: rice and tea fields
- Japanese style tea preparation
- Visit to the ancient city of Takayama
- Class of “Shodo” Japanese calligraphy
- Visit to the shrine of Kanda with Shinto ritual
- Visit to Inuyama Castle
Visit Takayama, Higashi-Shirakawa and Inuyama, some of the most fascinating places in the heart of Gifu Prefecture. Take a walk on the streets of ancient Japanese villages, taste the flavor of local cuisine and admire the landscapes surrounding the rice and tea fields. Learn about the culture of “Satoyama”, literally “mountain village”.
Higashi – Shirakawa is a small village surrounded by mountains.
From sowing to harvesting everything is done without using any machinery or chemical fertilizers, making it one of the most iconic of Japan.
The Shirakawa River, symbol of the village.
In Spring the landscape is enriched by beautiful Cherry Trees, the symbol of spring In Japan.
Tasting good green tea is a perfect way to relax here, in the land of the Rising Sun.
Even better when you have the chance to taste a local product!
Takayama, located in Hida, a region in the north of the Gifu prefecture, is a pulsing city full of life. “木 の 文化” (Ki no Bunka) is the key word when visiting Takayama. Since the ancient era of Nara (710 AD), wood carving techniques have been improved in this city surrounded by mountains. It is not uncommon to find, in places such as Kyoto, structures or wooden statues made in Takayama.
The city’s economy has always been focused on trading, guaranteeing its citizens considerable wealth over the centuries. The main attraction is certainly the old city (市内-shinai) almost unchanged since Edo period (1603-1868).
The castle of Inuyama
(1440). It is the oldest castle in Japan and one of the four designated national treasures and UNESCO heritage sites
Price : 700 Euro / 650 GBP / 800 USD
We will visit the rural village of Higashi – Shirakawa, Takayama and Inuyama.
Although the meeting point is indicated on the program, we will provide detailed information on how to reach us when you book the tour.
DURATION: 3 days / 2 nights
DEPARTURES: Every month from March to November. Minimum 8* people, maximum 15
* It is possible to book in smaller numbers, but in this case a special plan fee will be prepared as the tour price is based on a group of 8-15 participants
11: 00 Arrival at JR Mino-Ōta Station (美濃太田駅 Mino-Ōta-eki)
*The station is easy to reach from JR Kyoto and JR Nagoya stations using the JR pass
12:00 After meeting at the station we will have lunch
13: 00 check-in
14: 00 demonstration of Japanese style tea preparation
14: 20 tea tasting
15: 00 visit to the rice and tea fields. Depending on the season a working experience on the rice fields will be possible. It is not obligatory
17: 30 dinner at the local restaurant based on “key chan”, method of preparing the traditional chicken of the prefecture of Gifu
19: 00 return to hotel / cottage / ryokan – free time
07: 00 breakfast
08: 00 Departure towards Takayama
10: 00 Visit to the ancient district of Takayama
13: 00 course of “Shodo” Japanese calligraphy
15: 00 free time in Takayama
17: 00 dinner with beef from Hida, renowned meat of the prefecture
18: 30 departure from Takayama
20: 30 return to the tree / cottage / ryokan – free time
07: 00 breakfast
09: 30 check-out
10: 00 visit to the sanctuary of Kanda. After the visit we will see an authentic Shinto ceremony
12: 00 Arrival at Inuyama and lunch
13: 00 Visit to the castle of Inuyama
15: 00 departure for Nagoya station
16:00 Arrival at Nagoya Central Station, end of tour
Useful items to bring:
- Repellent spray for insects etc. (Summer)
- Comfortable working clothes, if willing to try the rice camp working experience
The rate includes:
- Pick-Up service at the station upon arrival
- Travel by private bus for the duration of the tour
- MEALS INCLUDED: 1 lunch and 2 dinners
- 2 Overnight stays in ryokan/cottage in Higashi-Shirakawa
- Italian (english speaker) tour leader who supports the japanese staff and will accompany you throughout the tour
- Japanese calligraphy lesson
- Shinto ritual at the sanctuary
- Guided tour of the rice and tea fields of Higashi-Shirakawa
- Escort to Nagoya station at the end of the tour