Crazy Rice Fields Biotope.
Terrace rice fields where you can learn the importance of living in harmony with nature, in a soothing environment. [Crazy Rice Fields Biotope Park]
It is very rare rice fields that retains the original model from the Middle Ages, where the water that oozes out of the mountain flows into a pound and then through a pre-build "water path". You can experience farming according to the seasons.
By registering for a below listed working day, you can experience the work of the current season. You can come and go as you want during the specified working hours. It is also recommended for families with children, too give your children a nice change of environment in the japanese rural mountain area.
▶︎ Registration calendar for the experience [For people already registered as members](Free)
▶︎ Registration calendar for the experience [For people coming for the first time](Only the first time, annual participation fee of 500¥)
Work place:Kureishi TanadaHigashishirakawa-mura, Kamo-gun, Gifu Prefecture. 55 minutes from the JR station of Mino-Kamo. Cultivation methodHand work. No use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or any synthetic products.
|Working experience schedule for April||Work experience content|
|4/14（水）8:30〜15:30||Maintenance of the "water way"|
|Work experience planning from May to July||Work experience content|
|5/17（月）||Rice planting (completed)|
|5/23（日）||Rice planting (completed)|
|6/5（土）||Weeding with a special tool|
|6/6（日）||Weeding with a special tool|
|6/12（土）||Weeding with a special tool|
|6/13（日）||Weeding with a special tool|
|８月〜１０月 体験予定日||Work experience content|
|１１月〜令和３年３月 体験予定日||Work experience content|
▷ Useful information
[About the work experience]
- After arriving at the rice fields, we will tell you about this place, and you will be informed about the work contents of the day.
- We will lend you the tools needed for the work.
- The instructor will explain you how to do the work, and we will start the experience.
- After work we put the tools back.
- After washing hands and changing clothes, the work is finished.
- There is no working quota, we will adjust to your planning.
- For people with children, please let your children play around as much as they want. However, they remain under your own responsability, so please watch them out during work.
- Free for members
- For people trying the experience for the first time, there is an annual registration fee of 500¥, lasting for 1 year.
[Useful items to bring]
- For over lunch participants, their own lunch.
- Their own drinks and sweets for the breaks
- Working clothes, that can be dirtied. As well as a hat and a towel.
- Working/gardening boots and gloves
- A sheet to sit on it or a camping chair
- An insect repellent
- There are free parking places
- There is a clothe changing tent
- Makeshift hand washing station
- Small, Japanese style toilet, at the fields owner's house
▷ Other working days around the year
Taniguchiya Ryokan 0574-78-2934
Cooking Ryokan Yoshimuraya 0574-78-2003
Cooking Ryokan Nakanoya 0574-78-2030
コテージ 魚の宿 ０５７４−７８ー３４３３、